Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pictures of Jerusalem

Feb 25-March 4

I had a great week in Jerusalem, meeting interesting people where I stayed, seeing people I know, and most of all getting time in the city. I'd have happily stayed a month. This post will mostly display some of the pics I took.

Before we start our tour, some food. A Sephardic chow down:



The Old City is heavily trod, but a ramparts walk gives a sense of scale. Before walking it I made up a hike on the outskirts of wall: there is so much history that the outskirts itself shows so much.

Looking east toward the Old City:


Close by, Montefiore's Windmill, renewable energy circa 1860:

West of the Old City, on Mount of Olives, the actual Garden of Gethsemane, where Jesus was arrested:


On the Ramparts Walk, looking at the Wailing Wall and the Islamic Dome of the Rock, built in triumphalism (exactly the shit we need to lose) at the site of the second Hebrew temple:


East Jerusalem, the Arab part of the city, from the rampart walk:


A rooftop soccer field within the gates of the Old City:


A West Jerusalem street:


No comments:

Post a Comment